Thursday, August 20, 2009

Luck is not on my side


Well I havn't updated about this past weekend because I DIDN'T get to race. We put the trans back in the car Friday night and it still wasn't fixed. We had to take it back out and give it back to our transmission guy. Don't get me wrong this guy is great and does great work (Freddy Frye) I think what ever the problem its just something minor and he will get it fixed for me. I have to get it fixed soon because I only have a month to get some seat time before the National Event at Maryland International Raceway. I have been looking forward to racing at this event for a VERY long time. But I have faith that the trans will get fixed and everything will fall into place.


Todd raced on Saturday. He lost third round but it still was a good night. He is doing pretty good in points. Well it could be better but at least he is having a better year than last. He is finally gaining some confidence back in himself and his driving abililties and that is making a difference. And the fact that the car is finally staying together helps to. The last few weeks he has won some money and that is always a good thing.


Since there was no racing last Sunday for me Tyler was pretty angry because he can't wait for mommy to race again. We decided to go shopping. He starts school on Wednesday so we went school shopping. He is so easy to go shopping with. He knows what he wants and what he likes, he picks it out and he is done. We bought all his school supplies and clothes on Sunday and last night we went and bought his new shoes. We were in and out of the shoe store in less than 15 minutes. He got his foot measured and he walked around picked out two pairs of shoes and said, "ok mom Im done". If that were me picking out shoes we would be there forever. After shopping my husband called and asked if we wanted to go eat crabs with our friends Freddy and Larry. We went to Drift Inn and had crabs. They were the best crabs I have had in a long time. The kids ate crabs and played the games that they have there. We had a good family weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment